Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Control The Toolbar Icon With Navigationdrawer

I'm currently using within my app the android.support.v7.widget.Toolbar and android.support.v4.widget.DrawerLayout. Everything is working right, but there is a slight thing I want

Solution 1:

now I try to do a similiar navigation drawer as you... Basically respect me is that I had a diferent package for navigation drawer that I think so is different from your navigation drawer... My package is:

//From android studio
 compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:21.0.0'

I don't know if this can help you, but I follow this greatest tutorial and my navigation drawer work it's similar as you wish!

http://androideity.com/2013/12/16/android-navigation-drawer-parte-1/http://androideity.com/2014/02/26/android-navigation-drawer-parte-2/

I wait that I help you! Good luck!

PD: If you have a problems with this tutorial or same advice me! :D

Solution 2:

At first glance seems that you are setting new drawer listener whenever item is selected, precisely in this snippet:

privateclassDrawerItemClickListenerimplementsOnItemClickListener {
        @OverridepublicvoidonItemClick(AdapterView<?> parent, View view, int position, long id) {
            //selectItem(position);finalintthePos= position;
            mDrawer.setDrawerListener( newDrawerLayout.SimpleDrawerListener(){
                @OverridepublicvoidonDrawerClosed(View drawerView){
                ....
                }
            });

            if(mDrawer.isDrawerOpen(GravityCompat.START))
                mDrawer.closeDrawer(mDrawerRelativeLayout);

        }
    }

This snippet replaces ActionBarDrawerToggle (which implements DrawerListener as well), so no calls are made to ActionBarDrawerToggle which controls the icon.

How can I adapt the icon behaviour so that it doesn't change from hamburger to arrow when I click over a drawer option?

Relating to your previous statements, this sound vague to me. Why you'd be preventing this default behaviour? You can prevent morphing by not calling super calls in DrawerListener's methods.

Post a Comment for "Control The Toolbar Icon With Navigationdrawer"