Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Checking If String Is Web Address Or Ip On Android

I need to validate if string entered in TextEdit is a web address eg. 'www.stackoverflow.com' or an ip address eg. '64.34.119.12'. I have tried this two methods without success. I

Solution 1:

Short answer: Try using regex!

EDIT:

if(textEdit1.getText().matches(REGEX_URL)) {
    //DO URL THINGS
}

if(textEdit1.getText().matches(REGEX_IPADDRES)) {
    //DO IP THINGS
}

If you google you can find the correct REGEX strings for IP addresses and urls...

NOTE: A regex for urls can be different for what you want, do you only want http:// https:// or all valid urls (like market://)...

Solution 2:

Patterns.IP_ADDRESS.matcher(url).matches();

Solution 3:

Validation of IP Address in Kotlin which returns true or false

funisValidIPAddress(ip:String):Boolean {
   val reg0To255 = ("(\\d{1,2}|(0|1)\\" + "d{2}|2[0-4]\\d|25[0-5])").toRegex()
   return reg0To255.matches(ip)
}

val inputIP = "127.1.1.775"
println("Input: " + inputIP)
println("Output: " + isValidIPAddress(inputIP))

Input: 127.1.1.775 Output: false

Solution 4:

how about simpler approach? detect if it is IP address, e.g.

publicstaticbooleanisIP(String input) {

        if (input.contains(".") && input.length()>1) {
            returnTextUtils.isDigitsOnly( input.replace(".", "").trim() );
        }
        else {
            returnfalse;
        }
    }

Post a Comment for "Checking If String Is Web Address Or Ip On Android"